Saturday, September 3, 2011

RX-93 Day 1


So, I got a can of Krylon Clear Finish - Gloss and sprayed all the trees with 2 coats. The drying time with this is between 15 and 20 minutes. It just depends on what temperature it is in the area you're spraying. It was 74 degrees in my apartment. Also, I opted for the low odor version of this spray as I live in an apartment and I don't have any other area to spray other than inside. This is NOT low odor by any means. It also kind of sucks as a spray. It didn't leave a smooth finish on a couple of my parts, so I had to sand and re-gloss.

If you can find this as a base spray don't hesitate to buy it. It's a little pricey, but it works great.

Trees drying

Arms finished

This is the paint I used to paint the skeleton of the model

Leg skeleton finished/painted

Both legs finished with armor. Lining will be done when I am finished with the model







The hoses on the back of the legs I painted as well. I didn't like that they were black.

No comments: